Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thanks Pete

I am so thankful that Pete is a happy, healthy (relatively), and well adjusted dog.  I watched tonight's episode of Dogtown about the Michael Vick dogs.  It was heartbreaking to see how those dogs had been treated and the state they were in when they were rescued.  Most of them were fearful of humans or other animals which made them more aggressive.

After months of therapy most of the dogs had either found homes or had come leaps and bounds over their former selves. 

Watching The Dog Whisperer, there was a dog that would attack people if they came near it while it was eating.  Pete is the polar opposite of being an aggressive dog.  He listens to commands, unless distracted by other people or dogs around.  When I feed him, I can stick my hands right in his mouth and take the food out and he lets me.  He is quiet and loves other people. 

My dad has even commented on how much he has changed in the past year.  When I first got him he didn't know how to act around other dogs and put them into an aggressive mode.  Now, he can be around other dogs and plays with them and is submissive most of the time.

I really couldn't ask for a better dog.

No comments: