Sunday, April 20, 2008

Movie Review: The Forbidden Kingdom

I got to see The Forbidden Kingdom tonight.  It was an enjoyable movie.  It was by no means a movie of the year or will be anywhere near my top 10 list, but I am glad that I saw it.

The movie stars Michael Angarano as Jason, a kung-fu loving teenager who travels through a a sort of wormhole thanks to a mystical Bo Staff owned by the Monkey King.  His mission is to return the staff to the Monkey King in order to defeat the Jade Warlord.  He is guided on his journey by Lu Yan (Jackie Chan) and The Silent Monk (Jet Li).

The movie was by no means a mega-hit, but it is worth seeing if you enjoy high action martial arts/fantasy movies.  The special effects were magnificent and the fight sequences were spectacular.  The acting was decent for what they had to work with.

Overall, I would give this movie 3 out of 5 stars and would recommend it to others.

No comments: