Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Good morning to you too

The gasket in between the water tank and the toilet bowl rotted out or broke.  I woke up to water being all over the floor in the bathroom.  I thought maybe the toilet overflowed, but after checking that the water was clean and nothing in the toilet bowl, I began to think that maybe Pete had been in the bathroom drinking out of the toilet again; he makes a mess when he drinks.  No, there was too much water for that.

I cleaned up the water and continued getting ready for work.  A little while later I went in to brush my teeth and again noticed water on the floor and this time the toilet was running.  I checked around the tank and sure enough there is water coming out of it.

I tried to turn the water to the toilet off but the valve is screwed up and was a bitch to close and awkward to get to.  I finally managed to get the water off and cleaned up in there again.

This was at 7:30 this morning.  Maintenance didn't open until 9.  They are here now replacing that gasket.  Ah, what a glorious morning.

No comments: