Saturday, June 21, 2008

Movie Review: Iron Man

I was never the biggest fan of that comic but there were a few occasion that I did enjoy it.  The movie looked decent enough and everyone that I knew that had seen loved it.  I was excited to see it myself.  I just never went.

I did go see it tonight.  I was impressed.  It was a fantastic movie.  Robert Downey Jr. outdid himself tremendously.  When I first heard that he had been cast for the part, I was a little confused.  I never really saw him as the superhero type of actor.  He was perfect for the role.  Jeff Bridges was good as Obadiah Stane.  The only part that I was a bit put off with was Gweneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts.  She seemed like she had to force herself to play the role and wasn't that convincing.

The special effects in the movie were very well done.  The Iron Man suit and the Iron Monger suit were very realistic looking.

Overall, I give this movie and 8 out of 10.

Next up will be The Incredible Hulk.

No comments: