Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pete's prgress

Update regarding Pete.  I had taken him back to the vet to have another skin scrape done.  It came back negative for mange.  I requested a different doctor this time.  The vet said that it just looked like really dry skin to him that was causing him to scratch which in turn caused a skin infection.

He told me to start putting some olive oil in his food and mix it up really good.  That would give him extra moisture in his food and help his skin.  He gave me some antibiotics to clear up the infection.  So far it is working wonderfully.  His skin is now back to normal and he isn't scratching at all.  He loves the olive oil added to his food.  I also got some fatty acid stuff to put on his food as well as some multi-vitamins for dogs.  He is doing great.  He is back to his old self again.

No comments: